# JDT give classy performance at home to whip Police 4-0

# Felda United keep pace with 3-0 win over Pahang in Kuantan

# Kedah move into third place after 2-1 win over Sarawak at Darulaman

# Selangor held to a 1-1 draw at Shah Alam by Terengganu


By Rizal Abdullah

Defending champions Johor Darul Takzim (JDT) romped to an easy 4-0 win over mid-table Police at the Larkin Stadium in Johor Bahru on Tuesday to tighten their grip on retaining the Super League title for the third year.

It was also the show of their foreign power with Argentine imports Juan Martin Lucero and Jorge Pereyra Diaz scoring a brace each much to the delight of the JDT owner Brigadier General Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim.

The match was only 10 minutes old and the Southern Tigers were 2-0 up with Lucero opening the floodgates after six minutes – rifling home an unstoppable shot into the foot of the Police net from an acute angle off a pass from Safiq Rahim.

Lucero also closed the scoring with a delightful goal when he hooked the ball over the head of the onrushing Police goalkeeper Wilfred Taban from outside the penalty box.

In between Diaz was in his element when he made scoring look so easy with two goals in the 10th and 44th minutes – and a strong warning to JDT rivals that the Johor team is the team to beat this season despite some hiccups here and there.

JDT are also back in contention for a place in the Malaysia Cup quarter-finals after whipping Police 4-1 for their first win in Group C after three draws.

Felda remained second in the 12-team Super League with a 3-0 whitewash of Pahang at the Darul Makmur Stadium in Kuantan. The plantation giant got their goals through Zah Rahan Krangar (31st), Shukor Adan (43rd) and Francis Forkey Doe (47th) minute as Pahang remained at the bottom of the table after 18 matches.

After 18 matches and four more to go JDT have 46 points with Felda four points behind on 42. Kedah are third on 28 after Selangor dropped points following a 1-1 draw against Terengganu at the Shah Alam Stadium.

Former international Ashari Shamsudin scored for the Turtles first in the 64th minute before Indonesian international Andik Vermansyah rescued the Red Giants with the equaliser in the 83rd minute.

Kedah defeated Sarawak 2-1 at the Darulaman Stadium – riding on an own goal by Sarawak defender Tommy Mawatanak on 63 minutes after the Crocs had gone ahead through a Ndumba Makeche in the 51st minute.

Kosovo playmaker Liridon Krasniqi struck the winner through a penalty in the 73rd minute after Baddrol Bakhthiar was felled inside the box.

Kelantan came good at the City Stadium to defeat Penang 3-2 while T-Team and Perak battled to a scoreless draw at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium in Kuala Terengganu.



Selangor     1     Terengganu    1

Pahang       0     Felda United   3

JDT            4     Police             0

T-Team       0     Perak             0

Penang       2     Kelantan        3

Kedah         2    Sarawak         1

- Advertisement -