The 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship will begin, as is now tradition, with The Prologue – the official pre-season test for all entrants.
The event will be held for the first time at the home of Italian motorsport, Monza, and the dates for the WEC Prologue will now be Saturday 1st April and Sunday 2nd April 2017.
The reason for the change from the previously announced dates is that an official visit to Monza by His Holiness Pope Francis will now take place on 24th and 25th March 2017, and for obvious organisational and security reasons it is not possible to combine the WEC’s visit with these dates.
The dates for the official pre-season European Le Mans Series test at Monza remains unchanged on 28th and 29th March 2017.
As a reminder, the 2017 WEC calendar is as follows:
- 1 / 2 April WEC Prologue, Monza, ITA
- 16 April 6 Hours of Silverstone, GBR
- 06 May WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, BEL
- 17/18 June Le Mans 24 Hours, FRA
- 16 July 6 Hours of Nürburgring, DEU
- 03 September 6 Hours of Mexico, MEX
- 16 September 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas, USA
- 15 October 6 Hours of Fuji, JAP
- 05 November 6 Hours of Shanghai, CHN
- 18 November 6 Hours of Bahrain, BAH