* Shinozuka settles for silver at East Coast Park in men’s triathlon
* Joseline Cheah and Bibiana Ng also qualify for individual finals
Malaysia grabbed two early silver medals on Sunday in the 28th SEA Games in Singapore – which came in the men’s triathlon and from the women shooters in the 10m Air Pistol team event.
Shinozuka Rikigoro settled for a silver in the men’s triathlon at the East Coast Park in wet conditions when he clocked 2:05:35 – 1:03 behind Huelgas Nikko Bryan of the Philippines who took gold in 2:04:32. The 20-year-old Malaysian who has clocked better time finished ahead of Singapore’s Loo Chua Rong (2:07:01) for his bronze medal efforts.
In Yishun at the SAFRA range shooter Joseline Cheah Lee Yean totalled 1,125 for the silver medal as Thailand grabbed the gold with 1,134 with the Singapore (1,121) taking bronze.
Joseline Cheah Lee Yean shots rounds of 94, 96, 94, 95 for her 379 total with Bibiana Ng a close second with 378 (93, 93, 99, 93) while Wahidah Ismail shot 92, 93, 93, 90 (368) in Malaysia’s efforts.
Thailand represented by Pholprajng Phong (381), Prucksacorn Tanyaporn (379) and Klaisuban Pim-On (374) for their 1,134 total.
Joseline Cheah and Bibiana Ng also put themselves in the running for a medal when they qualified for the individual event.
- Huelgas Nikko Bryan (Phi) 2:04:32
- Shinozuka Rikigoro (Mas) 2:05:35
- Loo Chua Rong (Sin) 2:07:01
WOMEN’S 10M AIR PISTOL TEAM
- Thailand (Pholpralng Phong, Prucksacorn Tanyaporn, Klaisuban Pin-On) 1,134
- Malaysia (Joseline Cheah Lee Yean, Bibiana Ng, Wahidah Ismail) 1,125
- Singapore (Teo Shun Xie, Nicole Tan Ling Chiao, Teh Xiu Hong) 1,121