# What is the agenda of Ultras Malaya?

# Disruption seems to be well planned

# It is clear that there are ‘hidden hands’ behind what happened at Shah Alam


There were only two minutes of regulation time remaining on the clock but Hong Kong referee Liu Kwok Mun was forced to abandon the Asian Zone Group A World Cup qualifier between Malaysia and Saudi Arabia at the Shah Alam Stadium on Tuesday.

This came about after a section of the fans threw smoke bombs, flares and firecrackers on 88 minute of play.

One wonders how the fans were allowed to bring in the objects? Where was the stadium security? Where were the other uniformed security personnel doing? Or how did the fans got through the screening at the gate?

It is a disgrace that such things are still happening despite the many pledges of tightening security by the FA of Malaysia (FAM) as such incidents have happened at Malaysian stadiums all over the country.

Or are there “hidden hands with agenda” at work?

But whatever the case may be, one thing which is certain is that Malaysia can expect to be slapped with a hefty fine from FIFA over what happened at the Shah Alam Stadium over the abandoned game.

Saudi Arabia were leading 2-1 – coming back from a goal down.

But there was every opportunity for Malaysia to at least share points on a night when the Malaysians put their disastrous 10-0 defeat to United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi last Thursday behind them.

The big defeat – Malaysia’s worst in international matches – saw coach Dollah Salleh quit the team on his return to Kuala Lumpur.

In came Datuk Ong Kim Swee as caretaker coach. And the Malacca-born Kim Swee did some wonders as the players rose to the occasion with committed and disciplined performance against the highly-touted Saudis.

In fact Malaysia grabbed the lead through skipper Safiq Rahim from a three-man move that began with Amri Yahyah who floated the ball to Wan Zack Haikal who in turn cut back for Safiq to put the finishing touch.

But sadly Malaysia’s perennial problem at the back saw the Saudis grabbing the equaliser soon after through the unmarked Taiseer Al-Jassan who first timed an unstoppable shot as the Malaysian defenders went ball watching.

In the 75th minute it was 2-1 for Saudi Arabia when a looping header by Mohammad Al-Sahiawi beat goalkeeper Khairul Fahmi Che Mat with the Malaysian defence once again failing to react.

Malaysia were very much in the match but obviously Ultras Malaysia had other plans to spoil the show and their bid to take a dig at the FAM leadership.

- Advertisement -