The Moto3 World Championship ended its 2014 campaign in Valencia today. Hafiq Azmi could not say goodbye to the year with another good comeback and, having achieved his first points at the Malaysian Grand Prix, closed the last race in the 2014 World Championship in 23rd place.
The SIC-Ajo Team rider made a good start, in which he maintained his position, but a mistake made him lose touch with the front group. Gradually Hafiq Azmi picked up the pace, but he was not able to make one of his trademark fightbacks through the field.
Finally he crossed the finish line in 23rd, matching his grid position, and completed his fifteenth race of the year –his tenth in a row.
Today’s race was won by Jack Miller and the Moto3 World Championship title by Alex Marquez, following a fight amongst the front group. With his result, Hafiq Azmi ends the year 28th in the overall standings, with 3 points.
Results – Race
1. Jack Miller (KTM) 40:10.093
2. Isaac Viñales (KTM) +0.155
3. Alex Marquez (Honda) +0.955
4. Danny Kent (Husqvarna) +1.572
5. Alex Rins (Honda) +2.251
23. Hafiq Azmi (SIC-Ajo Team) +40.784
Moto3 World Championship Standing 2014
1. Alex Marquez (Honda) 278 points
2. Jack Miller (KTM) 276 points
3. Alex Rins (Honda) 237 points
4. Efren Vazquez (Honda) 222 points
5. Romano Fenati (KTM) 176 points
28. Hafiq Azmi (SIC-Ajo Team) 3 points