Below are the headlines from qualifying for tomorrow’s TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the 7th round of the 2018-2019 FIA World Endurance Championship Super Season.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing claim 1-2 in third qualifying session for tomorrow’s race
- Kamui Kobayashi and Mike Conway combine to set an average lap time of 1m53.747s to claim third pole of Super Season. They will share the No.7 with José Maria Lopez.
- Conway sets outright best of 1m53.683, 1.1 seconds faster than last season’s best qualifying lap and fastest ever WEC pole lap
- No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing car driven by Kazuki Nakajima and Sébastien Buemi places second and 0.4 seconds behind sister Toyota TS050 HYBRID. Fernando Alonso starts his penultimate WEC race in this car tomorrow.
- SMP Racing place third and fifth as No.17 starts ahead of No.11 sister BR1 with Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne making his debut in the WEC
- Fourth and sixth start for Rebellion Racing as No.1 car eclipses No.3 entry in session that saw light rain showers
The TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to start at 13h30 local time tomorrow, Saturday 4 May.