Adam Norrodin delivered a stunning performance to finish third in Round 6 today to become the second Malaysian in as many days to make the podium of the Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup (SAATC) championship at the Sepang International Circuit today.
Yesterday, ShafiqRasol stunned the leading riders when he finished second a mere 0.138 seconds behind the winner. In the first four rounds of the SAATC championship this year, the races were dominated by the Japanese riders.
In today’s Round 6, which was held during the Malaysian Super Series Bikes Round 3&4, the 16-year-old Adamtook his chances well and finished third behind Ayumu Sasaki and Kaito Toba. Ayumu, whose win today is his first in the championship, was clocked at 32:48.409. Adam finished 4.191 seconds behind the winner.
“Adam’s and Shafiq’s performance over the two days has been very encouraging as they have proven that the Malaysians are catching up with the Japanese riders. With their confidence rising, we hope to see better results from our boys in the three remaining races this year,” said SIC CEO Datuk RazlanRazali today.
The next round will be in Japan next month while the last two races – Round 8 & 9– will be held during the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix from Oct 24-26. “We hope our boys will continue to improve and maybe surprise us with a win in Sepang next month,” said Datuk Razlan added.
A delighted Adam said later he was pleased with the result. “I was aiming for a good result but the podium was unexpected. I got my chance and took and stayed with the leaders. My aim is now to beat the Japanese riders. We need to seriously prepare for the remaining races and try and get a good result,” Adam said.
For the record, Yuta, despite not being among the top three maintained his top spot in the championship with 112 points. Kaito is second with 108 points while Ayumu is third with 86. Adam is sixth overall with 56 points.
In Race 3 of the SIC Ninja Cup today, which turned out to be a closely contested battle, Noor EdrinEzurin Noor Asmara took the chequered flag ahead of Muhammad Fairuz Nasir and Muhammad AziqJumali. Noor Edrin completed the eight-lap race in a time of 21:53.056.
Shell Advance ATC Round 6 (14 laps)
- Ayumu Sasaki (Jpn) 32:48.409
- Kaito Toba (Jpn) 32:52.471
- Adam Norrodin (Mas) 32:52.600
SIC Ninja 250 Cup Race 3(8 laps)
- Noor EdrinEzurin Bin Noor Asmara 21:53.056
- Muhammad Fairuz Nasir 21:53.132
- Muhammad AziqJumali21:53.238
Superbike Race 3(10 laps)
- Muhammad Zaqhwan Zaidi(Honda CBR1000)22:26.523
- MohdSyahnasShahidan(BMW S1000RR)22:27.868
- Luca Cassoni(BMW S1000RR)22:47.332
Open 250 Cup Race 3 (8 laps)
- SitiNorafizahbt Muhamad (Kawasaki Ninja 250) 21:35.568
- Muhammad JazilJuraimi(Kawasaki 250) 21:35.617
- Muhammad FazliMansuar(Kawasaki) 21:41.469
SupersportRace 3 (10 laps)
- Muhammad FaridBadrulHisam (Kawasaki ZX6R)
- Ahmad AfifAmran (Yamaha YZF-R6)
- KhairulIdham b. Pawi (Honda CBR600)
SuperstockRace 3 (10 laps)
- Ahmad NashrulBaharudin(Honda CBR1000)22:46.160
- Steve Martin (Kawasaki ZX10R) 22:53.190
- NizamFairuz Hassan(Honda CBR1000)22:55.939