Spain’s two-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador said Monday he plans to retire after the 2016 season.
“After 2016, what I can say for now, is that I don’t see myself racing,” the 32-year-old told a news conference.
“This year, I am sure to be there, but next year I can’t guarantee… That may be my last year,” he added.
Contador will start his 2015 season on Wednesday at the Ruta del Sol, a five-day stage race in southern Spain. It is the last season of his current contract with Tinkoff-Saxo. – Agence France-Presse