Terengganu Team Football Club (T-Team)

# Felda United whip Police 4-0 in Jengka

# T-Team surprise Kedah 4-1 in Kuala Terengganu

# JDT bury Sarawak 5-2 in Larkin

# Pahang edge Kelantan 4-3 in Kuantan

# Felda United shoot Police 4-0 in Jengka

# Selangor edge Penang 1-0 at Selayang

By Rizal Abdullah

It was a night of big scores in Wednesday’s Super League matches as Felda United retained their place at the top with 21 points – one more than defending champions Johor Darul Takzim in the 12-team league..

Felda United shot the Cops down 4-0 at the Tun Abdul Razak Stadium in Jengka on a night JDT romped to a 5-2 win over Sarawak at the Larkin Stadium in Johor Bahru to get back to their winning ways after the 2-1 defeat to Kedah in a first-leg FA Cup semi-final match in Alor Setar last week.

Kedah were also at the receiving end with a 4-1 defeat to T-Team (Terengganu FC II) at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium in Kuala Terengganu while Pahang registered only their second win in eight matches with a 4-3 win over Kelantan.

The Fighters, as Felda are known, were the complete masters on the artificial turf at the new Tun Abdul Razak Stadium in Jengka and outclassed Police after international Christie Jayaseelan opened scoring after 21 minutes.

Then Uzbek striker Luftulla Turaev took over the scoring with a brace. His first came on 27 minutes when he fired a booming shot into the roof of the Police net from a freekick some 25 metres out. He completed his brace with a power packed header off a cross from the right before Liberian international Francis Forkey Doe hammered the final nail into the Police coffin with the fourth goal of the night deep into injury time.

Selangor rode on their luck at the Selayang Stadium with Argentine striker Mauro Olivi netting a freekick after 17 minutes. The Argentine proved his worth with the Red Giants after serving an indefinite suspension for a brawl with teammate Hafiz Kamal in the dressing room.

The Southern Tigers, who play Kedah next in Alor Setar this Saturday, the big win would not have come at a better time after Kedah inflicted a painful 2-1 defeat in the FA Cup – their first in all competitions this year. The FA Cup return-leg will be played a the Larkin Stadium on April 30.

Football fans also saw both JDT and Sarawak scoring own goals to add to the score. Jorge Pereyra Diaz opened the floodgates as early as the fourth minute. Although Sarawak equalised through K. Gurusamy in the 13th minute victory was never in doubt for the homesters.

Marcos Antonio scored JDT’s second in the 35th minute while Juan Martin Lucero got the third a minute later. It was a nightmare for the Crocs with skipper Shahrol Saperi sending the ball into his own net in the 40th before Fazly Manan completed the rout in the 44th minute. JDT defender Fadhli Shas too had the honour of an own goal in the 60th minute.

Pahang came back from a 1-0 deficit in the seven goal thriller at the Darul Makmur Stadium in Kuantan with Dalibor Volas wiping out Kelantan’s ninth minute lead through Dramane Traore in the 14th minute.

German Pacheco scored a brace for the Elephants in the 45th and 90th minute while Faizal Rosli got one in the 47th minute. Other Kelantan scorers were Blaze Ilijoski (55th) and Khairul Izuan (77th, penalty).

T-Team never looked back after scoring in the ninth minute through Asrol Ibrahim, Although Kedah drew level through national midfielder Baddrol Bakhtiar after 42 minutes it was one way traffic for the T-Titans as they added three more goals through Makan Konate (65th), Ahmad Takhiyuddin Roslan (77th) and Safawi Rasid (83rd.



Selangor         1          Penang        0

T-Team           4          Kedah         1

Pahang           4          Kelantan     3

JDT                5          Sarawak      2

Felda United   4          Police          0

- Advertisement -