The duo, who took turns behind the wheels of their Honda FD, started from the front of the grid after emerging fastest in yesterday’s qualifying session. Despite being under intense pressure throughout the hour-long race, they held on to finish 6.924 seconds ahead of their closest rival.
The Chris-Alan partnership, representing the RT-ROWE Pentagon Racing Team, topped the podium in a time of 1’01:00.655 seconds today. Kenny Lee, in a Toyota GT86, settled for the second spot after completing the race in a time of 1:01:06.949 seconds.
“It took a lot of hardwork from the both of us to win this round. Although this was not our best performance, we were pleased to have won today,” said Chris. “We hope to continue our success in the next race.”
Completing the podium of the Malaysian Super Series Touring Production category was Desmond Yee who finished third in a time of 1:01:54.909.
The battle for honours in the Malaysian Super Series GT race today was won by the pair of Adrian Henry d’Silva and MohdFahrizal Hasan,who completed the race in the Ferrari 485, in a blistering time of 1:00:45.025.
Siow Moon Yeow and Marcus Chyewere second while the third spot went to the partnership of VignesaMoorthy and Dominic Ang.
In the Touring Car Series Asia, Thailand’s Tin Sritraipushed his BMW E90 to the edge and deservingly emerged the winner of the hour-long race. Hongkong’s Lo Ka Chun was second while Macau’s Leong Ian Veng completed the podium.
FINAL RESULTS – Malaysian Super Series Round 4
Malaysian Super Series Touring Production (60 minutes)
- Chris Tan / Alan Wong (Honda Civic FD) RT-ROWE Pentagon Racing Team 1:01:00.655 (21 laps)
- Kenny Lee (Toyota GT86) Wing Hin Motorsports 1:01:06.949 (21 laps)
- Desmond Yee (Honda Integra DC5) N1 Racing Team 1:01:54.909 (21 laps)
Malaysian Super Series GT (60 minutes)
- Adrian Henry d’Silva/MohdFahrizal Hasan (Ferrari 485) 1:00:45.025 (26 laps)
- Siow Moon Yeow/Marcus Chye (Juno) 1:02:55.801 (26 laps)
- VignesaMoorthy/Dominic Ang (Radical SR3) 1:01:00.458 (25 laps)
Asia Cup Series Race 3 (10 laps)
- Jake Parsons (Aus) 26:20.191
- Michael Waldherr (Ger) 26:29.778
- TakeruMuratomi (Jpn) 26:37.386
Touring Car Series Asia (8 laps)
- Tin Sritrai (Tha) Team Thailand (BMW E90) 23:26.373
- Lo Ka Chun (Hkg) Team 778 Autosports(Honda FD2) 23:27.390
- Leong Ian Veng (Mac) Macau David Racing Group (HondaCL7) 23:42.533
Asia Classic Car Challenge (10 laps)
1.Mike Ricks (TVR 5000) 28:58.683
2. Kevin Davies (Sylvia Phoenix) 29:48.284
3.Erwin Boon (Lola Ford) 3:01.562
GT Asia Series Race 2 (60 minutes)
- Stefan Mucke/Frank Yu (Aston Martin Vantage V12) 1:00:07.335 (26 laps)
- Davide Rizzo/Anthony Liu Xu (Ferrari 458) Team BBT 1:00:25.572 (26 laps)
- Alessandro Guidi/Richard Wee (Ferrari F458) Clearwater Team 1:00:26.709 (26 laps)