The new BMW C evolution – innovative e-mobility on two wheels.
For years now, there have been drastic changes in the demand for individual mobility concepts, in particular in conurbations. Constantly expanding traffic volumes, rising energy costs and increasingly rigorous CO2 restrictions on inner-city traffic – these are the challenges that electrically powered vehicles consistently set out to tackle.
Following the BMW Group’s sustainability strategy and parallel to BMW i in the automobile sector, BMW Motorrad moved into the field of electric mobility at a very early stage in 2012, ultimately putting forward a convincing statement in the form of the C evolution e-scooter.
Increased e-performance and a European version that meets the requirements for the A1 driving licence. Ranges of 160 and 100 kilometres respectively. With the new C evolution, available in two variants in future – the Long Range version and the European version that meets the requirements for the A1 driving licence – BMW Motorrad now raises the benchmark in the e-scooter segment to a new level.
Featuring a new generation of batteries with a cell capacity of 94 Ah, as used in the current BMW i3, the range has been significantly extended. What is more, a new charge cable with a smaller diameter is now included as standard. New optional accessories such as the smartphone cradle also mean there are now many more ways to customise the BMW C evolution.
In the new C evolution Long Range the continuous output is 19 kW (26 hp), 8 kW (11 hp) more than in the predecessor model, while the range has been significantly extended to approximately 160 kilometres. The top speed is 129 km/h (electronically limited).
In the A1 driving licence version (Europe only), the new C evolution has an output of 11 kW (15 hp). The range here is around 100 kilometres, with a top speed of 120 km/h.
Dynamic paint finishes in Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green. Last but not least, the new BMW C evolution now steps into the limelight with a refined visual appearance. Both versions of the new C evolution are available in the new paint finish Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green, combined with the contrasting colour Blackstorm metallic.
A new graphic has also been added to the centre tunnel trim in the Long Range version. Already available in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Ireland and China, the C evolution is now also due to be launched in the USA, Japan, South Korea and Russia.
An overview of the highlights:
- Innovative electric drive via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled e-motor, tooth belt and planetary gear.
- Significantly increased range due to enlarged battery cell capacity of 94 Ah (previously 60 Ah).
- Long Range version: 19 kW (26 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output. Top speed 129 km/h, range approx. 160 km.
- A1 driving licence version (Europe only): 11 kW (15 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output. Top speed 120 km/h, range approx. 100 km.
- Intelligent recuperation in coasting mode and when braking.
- Standard charge cable with smaller diameter.
- Short charging times possible.
- Synergy effects with BMW automobiles and electrical safety according to car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low centre of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Extensive range of standard features including multifunctional TFT instrument cluster, LED daytime running light, LED turn indicators, several riding modes, reverse assist and Torque Control Assist (TCA).
- New paint finishes Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green.
- High-end details such as tinted windshield and colour seat seams.