# Kelantan and Sarawak battle to a 2-2 draw in Kota Bahru

# Premier League: JDT II fall again at home

# PKNS FC back on trail in Premier League

On a wet and slippery pitch Kelantan and Sarawak shared the spoils in the only Super League match that was played at the Sultan Mohd OV Stadium in Kota Bahru on Friday. The 2-2 draw saw Sarawak under new head coach Datuk K. Rajagobal earned their first Super League point after losing 1-0 to Police away and 2-1 at home to Felda United.

It was a commendable effort from the Crocs who even grabbed an eight minute lead through their Zambian-born Australian Ndumba Makeche and went on to score a brace with the on 71 minutes.

Kelantan playing in their new pink colours also had a hero in Macedonian hitman Baze Ilijioski with the equaliser in the 42nd minute and then gave the Red Warriors the lead after 64 minutes.

A long throw-in by skipper Ronny Harun left the Kelantan backline confused and Makeche took a quick half turn in the box and was himself surprised that his tame shot rolled into the net as goalkeeper Khairul Fahmi Che Mat made a desperate attempt from crossing the line. Sarawak 1-0.

The visitors, however, failed to ride on the lead and instead the homesters were the ones who posed danger each time they were on the ball after finding their rhythm.

The much awaited equaliser came on 42 minutes when a long ball by Jonathan Lucca caught the Sarawak backline stranded upfront and Ilijoski raced into position and whipped an unstoppable shot by Iqbal Suhaimi.

Kelantan went ahead in the 64th minute when Ilijioski put the finishing touches to a long ball from skipper Badri Rad Radzi but Makeche, who played for Felda United last season got his second in the 71st minute.

Makeche followed up nicely following a defensive slip by the Kelantan defenders and drilled home a low shot between the legs of Muslim Ahmad for a well deserved draw.

Meanwhile in the Premier League PKNS FC, surprise 3-1 winners over Super League outfit Terengganu in a second round FA Cup match last week, got the first league win, defeating Armed Forces at home. The match was played at the Hang Jebat Stadium in Malacca which is PKNS homeground.

Juan Manuel Cobelli (65th) and Mayhias Nicholas (73rd) scored the goals for PKNS.

UiTM FC battled to a scoreless draw against Kuantan FA in an afternoon match at the UiTM Stadium in Shah Alam. Both sides had a player sent off for rough play.

Paulo Rangel scored for his first goal for his new team JDT II but newcomers Malacca United walked away with full points with a 2-1 win with goals by Balsa Bozovic (30th) and Wan Amirul Afiq. Rangel opened scoring for JDT II after 17 minutes.

Sabah continued with their miserable run in the league with 2-0 defeat to DRB-Hicom at the Likas Stadium. DRB-Hicom scored through Fakrul Aiman and Nazri Kamal in the 38th and 71st minutes respectively.

Sime Darby FC and Perlis shared points in a 1-1 draw at the Selayang Stadium. Perlis led 1-0 with Edward Wilson on target after 21 minutes but the plantation giant made it all square through a Rafiq Shah Zaim goal in the 43rd minute.

Negri Sembilan and Kuala Lumpur also shared points with a 1-1 draw at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi.

RESULTS (Feb 26)

Kelantan 2 Sarawak 2

PKNS FC 2 Armed Forces 0
JDT II 1 Malacca United 2
Sime Darby 1 Perlis 1
Sabah 0 DRB Hicom 2
N.Sembilan 1 K.Lumpur 1
UiTM FC 0 Kuantan FA 0

- Advertisement -