Frustrated in the opening round, Mohd Yuszaidi Supangat returned meaner and stronger to win Round 2 of the 2015 M7 Pro Oil Sepang Drag Battle at Sepang International Circuit (SIC) to move to the top of Class B.
Driving a Honda machine, Yuszaidi, who could only manage fourth place in Round 1 last month, defeated Adib Affandi Mohamad and his Ford machine on Saturday night (23 May) to collect five championship points – taking his total haul to six.
With three more rounds of this five-leg championship to go, Yuzaidi now shares the top spot of Class B with Anuar Wahab – winner of the opening round but who was soundly beaten in Round 2 to finish fourth and ending the night with just a single point.
Anuar was defeated in the third placing by Mohd Syukri Osman, who took revenge on his loss to Anuar in the final contest in Round 1. With an additional two points, Syukri now has five points to sit third in the championship standing.
It was a reverse story for Class C where Round 1 winner Muhamad Riduwan Othman found his rivals much stronger in Round 2, and he had to be contented with only fourth place and a single point from the round. Despite the setback, he managed to keep top spot in the championship standing.
The class was topped by Adib Affandi Mohamad and his Ford machine – who now moved to second in the class with just a point behind Riduwan. In the final race for Round 2, Adib defeated Muhd Yusri Yusof, who drives a Honda machine.
In Class D, Kamarudin Ahmad defeated Anwar Wahab to win the class in the battle of the Honda machines.
Despite the pain of losing the final, Anwar had the consolation of leading the class as he took his total haul to five championship points – courtesy of the two points that he collected in the opening round, sharing top spot with Kamaruddin.
In Class F, Mohd Shidie Misnan stunned Round 1 winner Muhammad Ridzuan Ahmad to win the round and place himself as a contender for the overall championship. With five points, Shidie moves to second in the standings; trailing Ridzuan by three points.
Held for the first time this season, Class A and E saw Suzani Ahmad and Hafizatul Afrian Sulaiman scoring convincing wins in the respective classes in their trusted Daihatsu machines.
The fans, who caught the event live at the track had a thrilling time at the race organised by title sponsor M7 Pro Oil and other SIC partners including Rudy Project.
First organised in 2003 as a club event by Sepang International Circuit (SIC) before being upgraded to a national championship in the following year, the M7 Pro Oil Sepang Drag Battle is the only drag race run at a racing circuit and sanctioned by the Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM), the national governing body for Malaysian motorsports.
M7 Pro Oil Sepang Drag Battle 2015 Round 2 – Results
1. Suzaimi Ahmad (Daihatsu) 5
2. Mohd Azzahari (Satria) 3
1. Mohd Yuszaidi Supangat (Honda) 5 pts
2. Adib Affandi Mohamad (Ford) 3 pts
3. Mohd Syukri Osman (Proton Satria) 2 pts
4. Anuar Wahab (Honda) 1 pt
1. Adib Affandi Mohamad (Ford) 5 pts
2. Muhd Yusri Yusof (Honda) 3 pts
3. Mohd Tuah Kamarudin (Honda) 2 pts
4. Muhamad Riduwan Othman (Proton Satria) 1 pt
1. Kamarudin Ahmad (Honda) 5 pts
2. Anwar Wahab (Honda) 3 pts
3. Hazlan Sahari (Proton) 2 pts
4. Wan Izani Wan Sulaiman (Proton Arena) 1 pt
1. Hafizatul Afrian Sulaiman (Daihatsu Charade) 5 pts
2. Mohd Syukri Osman (Proton Satria) 3 pts
3. Fazly Ithnin (Perodua Kancil) 2 pts
4. Mohd Hishamuddin Mohamed Sharif (Perodua Kancil) 1 pt
1. Mohd Shidie Misnan (Honda Civic) 5 pts
2. Muhammad Ridzuan Ahmad (Honda) 3 pts
3. Salleh Othman (Proton Satria) 2 pts
4. Mohamad Soffy Salleh (Honda) 1 pt