M32 North America, the organizing authority of the inaugural M32 Series Bermuda has posted the Notice of Race for the Series on the official notice board at m32series.com/
The Bermuda Series will include five events from January to April including a special match racing event on 5-6 March which will allow teams and owners to hone their match racing skills in the M32. This follows the announcement earlier this year that the World Match Racing Tour will be introducing the M32 high-performance catamaran to the World Tour from 2016.
M32 North America’s Event Manager, Dave Doucett commented, “We are pleased to announce the Notice of Race for our first ever M32 Series Bermuda for competitors to begin making plans for entry into the event in January. We are also delighted with the support of the Cape Crow Yacht Club in Sweden, the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, and Bermuda Tourism for both their support of the event.”
One of the attractions of the M32 Series Bermuda is that the race courses will be set in Bermuda’s famous ‘Great Sound’, the same course for the 35th edition of America’s Cup in 2017.
“Bermuda offers a spectacular backdrop and conditions for the M32 Series” added Doucett. “We are expecting over 10 teams already and we encourage competitors to download the Notice of Race to get the full information of the series.”
For more information, visit m32series.com/series/
M32 Series Event Schedule
Event 1: 8-10 January 2016
Event 2: 26 – 28 January 2016
Event 3: 11 – 13 March 2016
Match Racing Event: 5-6 March 2016
Bermuda Cup: 15-17 April 2016
NOTE: The first day, Friday, will be practice race on all events.
- The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is the official host of the M32 Series Bermuda. For more information, about mooring and dockings, please firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fairmont Princess Hotel has a new marina facility that offers five-star accommodation, restaurants and dockage at one location. For more information, contact Dock Master, David Carey, email@example.com
- Masterpiece International is the official customs agent for the M32 Series Bermuda. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance regarding ground logistics.
- Bermuda Forwarders Ltd is working with the Organising Authority to transport containers and trailers from the port of Bermuda to the Spar yards marina where the boats will be initially assembled and launched. For more information, please visit www.bermudaforwarders.com
- With the support of the local Bermuda government, Darell’s Island will be made available as a storage facility for the M32 high-performance catamarans. For more information, please contact Dave Doucett email@example.com
- Travel Places is the official travel agent for the M32 Series Bermuda. For more information, visit www.travelplaces.co.uk