The FIM CEV Repsol held its eighth and final meeting of the year this Sunday at Valencia. The Moto3 class contested the final two races of the campaign, with the SIC-Ajo Team completing their first year in the Spanish championship that has brought so many riders through to Grand Prix racing. Several World Championship riders in Moto3 participated in this weekend’s FIM CEV Repsol action.
The first race of the day was an eventful one. On lap 3, an incident between two riders led to a red flag situation. After the stoppage, in a resumed race lasting 9 laps, Adam Norrodin placed 20th from 31st on the grid. Teammate Hafiza Rofa, who started 42nd, climbed to 26th.
The second race had the same script as the first: On the opening lap there was a crash involving several riders and the red flag returned the competitors to pit lane. Another 9-lap restarted race was held and Adam Norrodin –who had taken points in the last two rounds– finished 23rd. Hafiza Rofa crashed with two laps to go when another rider collided with him, preventing him from completing the race.
With these results, Adam Norrodin ends the year 31st in the championship with 4 points to his name, whilst Hafiza Rofa was unable to claim points in a very competitive class, featuring riders with many years of experience.
Race 1 – Results
1. Fabio Quartararo (Honda) 15:08.802
2. Alexis Masbou (Honda) +4.301
3. Albert Arenas (KTM) + 4.561
4. Nicolo Bulega (KTM) +11.776
5. Maria Herrera (Honda) +11.797
20. Adam Norrodin (SIC-Ajo Team) +24.229
26. Hafiza Rofa (SIC-Ajo Team) +34.972
Race 2 – Results
1. Fabio Quartararo (Honda) 15:13.230
2. Gabriel Rodrigo (KTM) + 1.205
3. John McPhee (Honda) +2.742
4. Albert Arenas (KTM) +2.744
5. Alexis Masbou (Honda) + 2.983
23. Adam Norrodin (SIC-Ajo Team) +23.044
DNF – Hafiza Rofa (SIC-Ajo Team)
Moto3 FIM CEV Repsol Standing 2014
1. Fabio Quartararo (Honda) 265 points
2. Jorge Navarro (Honda) 138 points
3. Hiroki Ono (TSR) 116 points
4. Gabriel Rodrigo (KTM) 101 points
5. Marcos Ramirez (KTM) 101 points
31. Adam Norrodin (SIC-Ajo Team) 4 points