* Malaysia complete a 1-2 in men’s 10m platform
* Dhabitah and Wendy Ng take women’s 10m platform synchronised gold
* Jack Chang win’s Malaysia’s first gold in Wushu – on the last day of competition
Malaysia’s golden show in diving in the 28th SEA Games in Singapore continued at the OCBC Aquatic Centre with two more gold medals – in the women’s 10m platform synchronised and in the men’s 10m platform on Monday.
Nur Dhabitah Sabri and Wendy Ng Yan Yee started the day by winning the gold in the women’s 10m platform synchronised with 292.62 points – never looking back after their first dive. Singapore hopefuls Fong Kay Yian and Ashlee Tan Yi Xuan took the silver with 242.94 points with Hoang Le Thanh Thuy-Ngo Phuong Mai (227.94) taking the bronze for Vietnam.
Ooi Tze Liang, the Commonwealth Games gold medallist was never in doubt in winning his third gold in this year’s games despite a roller coaster performance. He totalled 415.50 points for gold while compatriot Chew Yiwei made a late surge to take the silver (393.65) for a 1-2 finish for Malaysia.
Singapore’s Jonathan Chan Fan Keng won the bronze for the host nation with a 356.55 total.
“I won the gold alright but I am not pleased with my performance today. I did well in the first three dives but it was rather erratic in the next three before I steadied again to win the gold,” said Tze Liang.
Tze Liang’s other two golds in Singapore came in the 3m springboard individual and the 10m synchronised platform with Yiwei.
Loh Jack Chang not only saved Malaysia the blushes in wushu on the last day of the competition at the Singapore Expo Hall by winning the men’s compulsory taijiquan with 9.71 points – staving off Singapore’s Samuel Tan Wei Han (9.69) who settled for the silver. Indonesia’s Julius Kurniawan (9.67) took the bronze.
Earlier in the day Muhd Hafizuddin Mat Daud created history at the Padang when he won the men’s singles gold in Petanque with a 13-6 win over Cambodia’s Chhoen Thong in the final. It was Malaysia’s first ever gold in petanque in the SEA Games.
Men’s 10m platform
- Ooi Tze Liang (Mas) 415.50 points
- Chew Yiwei (Mas) 393.65
- Jonathan Chan Fan Keng (Sin) 356.55
Women’s 10m platform synchronised
- Nur Dhabitah Sabri-Wendy Ng Yan Yee (Mas) 292.62 points
- Fong Kay Yian-Ashlee Tan Yi Xian (Sin) 242.94
- Hoang Le Thanh Thuy-Ngo Phuong Mai (Vie) 227.94
Men’s compulsory taijiquan
- Loh Jack Chang (Mas) 9.71 points
- Samuel Tan Wei Han (Sin) 9.69
- Julius Kurniawan (Ina) 9.67