Allianz Field becomes the 1st Allianz-sponsored stadium in North America and 8th globally
New state-of-the-art home for Minnesota United FC to open in 2019
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America signs on as official stadium sponsor
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, a member of the Allianz Group, and Minnesota United FC today announced a multi-year naming rights sponsorship agreement for the team’s new soccer stadium in St. Paul, Minn., which will be known as Allianz Field. \
The new stadium, which is being privately paid for by a partnership composed of Minnesota-based families and business leaders, is the first stadium in Minnesota without a direct public subsidy.
“We are very happy to welcome Allianz Field to our global family of stadiums,” said Jean-Marc Pailhol, Head of Group Market Management and Distribution at Allianz SE. “Allianz Life is the leading provider of retirement and protection solutions in the U.S. and this stadium partnership, our first in North America, provides us with a great opportunity to share our passion for soccer and reinforce our commitment to the community.”
Scheduled to complete construction in time for the start of the 2019 Major League Soccer (MLS) season, Allianz Field joins seven other Allianz-sponsored stadiums located in some of the most dynamic cities around the world. As the newest landmark in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Allianz Field will be among the most state-of-the-art and unique stadiums in the MLS and a place where members of the Twin Cities community can gather for a variety of events, ranging from MLS and global exhibition matches to youth soccer and community celebrations.
The stadium will have a translucent PTFE laminate mesh skin and features LED lighting technology similar to Allianz Arena in Munich, which allows the stadium to change colors in response to different events and activities. The stadium will feature modern amenities and advanced technology, and is specifically designed to positively address sustainability while minimizing environmental impact and energy usage.
- 19,400 total seating capacity for the first year
- Potential expansion to 24,474
- 4 Hospitality Clubs and 22 Suites
- An intimate relationship between fans and players, with the farthest seat from the pitch at just 125 feet and the closest seat at 17 feet
- The stadium will have a low profile at 78 feet tall at its tallest point and 660 feet along its longest dimension. It will be built across 346,000 gross square feet of space.
- The stadium will feature a FIFA-compliant, natural grass, heated playing surface measuring 120 yards (110m) long by 75 yards (69m) wide
- A standing supporters section of 2,800 with a sharp rake that creates the most imposing wall of support in MLS
Visit the new stadium on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gncRjLpE864