* Senegalese fined walks off the pitch without shaking hands with opponents

* Kedah pull away in Premier League

* T-Team’s title hopes virtually over

* Penang edge NSembilan 1-0 to keep promotion hopes alive

* PKNS FC still in the running with three matches to go


Former Senegal World Cupper El Hadji Diouf was a disgrace despite wearing the skipper’s armband for Sabah in their Premier League match against PKNS FC at the Hang Jebat Stadium in Malacca on Tuesday.

The match ended in a 1-1 draw – Sabah’s first point in six matches after suffering five defeats in a row – losing DRB Hicom (2-1), UiTM FC (3-2), KL SPA Putrajaya (3-0), Kuantan FA (3-1) and T-Team (4-1).

Diouf gave the East Malaysians the lead in the 73rd minute – that too with a big dose of help from the match officials after referee Suhaizi Sukri allowed play to go although the ball had gone out of play but assistant referee Fairus Human did not raise the flag.

PKNS’ P. Gunalan caught the ball with his hands amid calls for a Sabah throw-in. However the referee hauled up Gunalan for hands and awarded a freekick to Sabah. Off the ensuing spot kick Diouf found the PKNS net.

PKNS missed half a dozen scoring opportunities in the first half and also found Sabah keeper Fazli Paat in top form. It was the same in the second half for PKNS but their never say die attitude brought the Selangor outfit the much awaited equaliser in injury time through Gabriel Guerra’s scorching grounder.

But what happened as soon as Suhaizi blew the final whistle was unbecoming of a World Cupper, much more when he was wearing the skipper’s armband. The controversial Diouf trooped off the pitch without waiting to do the customary hand shakes hands at the end of the match and headed straight to the dressing room despite calls from his team officials.

It is learnt that the match referee filed a report on Diouf’s behaviour and has been slapped a RM1,000 fine by the FAM under the competition rules.

The draw left PKNS in fourth place with 34 points after 19 matches and coach E. Elevarasan believes that the “it will go down the wire” as the promotion battle heats up with Kedah tightening their grip at the top with 42 points.

T-Team’s promotion hopes took a dent when the Titans could only manage a 1-1 draw against DRB Hicom at home – thanks to a 70th minute equaliser by Tomislav Busic after Fakhrul Aiman gave the visitors the lead in the 63rd minute. T-Team are still second in the table with 38 points.

Kedah’s prized possession Chide Edeh returned from injury after four matches and the Nigerian responded with a hattrick against JDT II in his team’s 3-2 win which has virtually sealed them promotion.

Edeh scored for Kedah in the second, 28th and 59th minutes while former international Zaquan Adha Abdul Radzak scored for JDT with a brace in the 29th and 65th minutes.

Penang edged Negri Sembilan 1-0 at home – thanks to a fifth minute goal Faiz Subri for 36 points and third place in the league followed by PKNS.



KEDAH            3           JDT II            2

T-TEAM           1          DRB HICOM   1

PKNS FC          1          SABAH            1

PENANG           1         N.SEMBILAN   0

KUANTAN FA   0         UiTM FC          2

KUALA LUMPUR 2       KL SPA            0

- Advertisement -